Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Short Love Stories - Madeleine Rain - Jesse Miller 5

Short Love Stories - Madeleine Rain - Jesse Miller 5

Jesse Miller
Madeleine Rain

-- 5 --


She took the cage from Madeleine's slightly trembling hands. She continue to stare at Madeleine. "Can you come in?"

Madeleine tried to relax into a smile.

"Yeah. Sure."

The first thing Madeleine noticed, once inside, were all of the plants. Not the amount of them - although there were a few - but how green they were. She had never seen such lush house plants in the city before. Or, anywhere for that matter. They surrounded the two small window spaces.

"How do you keep your plants so green?"

Before she could get an answer, she felt a soft hand touch her neck. She turned and Maggie leaned in and kissed her.

"Thank you." Maggie whispered.

Madeleine looked into her eyes, as Maggie reached up and brushed Madeleine's hair lovingly from her forehead. She kissed her again.

"I talk to them," Maggie said. Madeleine smiled.

"There was something I've been wanting to tell you," Madeleine said, feeling Maggie's hands still brushing against her waist. She looked over at the bird, who was still leaning tight against the cage door, staring up at the two women.

"Well. This is kind of stupid but ... the first time when I ... well ...," She paused, serious. "When I came to the theatre I wanted to tell you ... I really don't like Woody Allen anymore, I think he's gross. I just really liked that film. Yeah. There." She exhaled and laughed awkwardly.

Maggie laughed. She kissed Madeleine's forhead.

"I sketched the woman in it." Madeleine continued shyly.

Maggie nodded, smiling.


1 2 3 4 5 6

0 comments: