Friday, October 28, 2011

SET ME FREE by Jeffrey Campbell Romantic Love Poems | Poems About Freedom

SET ME FREE
by Jeffrey Campbell

You mean the world to me,
And I can't get you out of my mind;
I don't really want to,
But I miss you more than anyone could ever know;
I need you here and you're not here,
But your voice sets me free.

Everyday, all I feel is more for you;
I never thought it would be this strong,
but it is, and still, I like this feeling;
You're with me in my heart,
Even though you're so far away;
I know you feel the same way, too.

For you, I do all I can,
But to me, it's not enough;
You say it's more than abundant,
And I feel you in my heart;
I hope so much that this is real,
I just want to hold your hand.

I hope someday that we'll be together,
But for now, I'll take what I can get;
I remember three hour phone conversations,
and in-class text messages;
It makes me smile,
You make me so sure.

You are the first, my only;
I never want to let you go;
Pretzeled for hours,
Never thinking of anyone else;
I look at your face, and am amazed;
You constantly set me free.

After a time, I finally realized that,
I really do love you;
And was overjoyed,
That you felt the same.
I can't wait for the next time I'm with you;
I miss you very much,
is what I'm trying to get at.

No one else could set me free like you.
You're the only one I want to kiss.
I almost can't stand to be away,
But duty keeps me here.
I want to hold your hand again,
And just be close to you, too.

It's only beginning,
And I hope it won't end;
You're part of my heart,
My soul, my world.
You set me free,
And all the time I'm grinning.

Soon we'll be together again,
And soon I'll be ecstatic;
I'll feel complete once more,
And hold you in my arms;
You'll be with me,
And you'll set me free, then.

I want to be with you forever,
But right now I'm made to wait;
I think of you always,
And will never stop;
My love for you is a journey,
Starting at forver, and ending at never.

And like my love for you,
This poem is never ending;
I find my self adding to it,
And I will always do so;
We will be together, my angel;
It will be true.

You do set me free,
Everytime I think about you;
I can barely stand to be without you,
But in my heart I know I'm truely not;
I'm always with you,
As you're always with me.



SET ME FREE by Jeffrey Campbell Romantic Love Poems | Poems About Freedom

0 comments: