Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Gave Myself To Him by Emily Dickinson Love Poems | Romantic Love Poetry

I Gave Myself To Him
by Emily Dickinson

I gave myself to him
And took himself for pay.
The solemn contract of a life
Was ratified this way

The value might disappoint
Myself a poorer prove
Than this my purchaser suspect
The daily own of love.

Depreciates the sight
But, 'till the merchant buy,
Still fabled, in the isles of spice
The subtle cargoes lie.

At least, "'tis mutual risk"
(Some found it mutual gain)
Sweet debt of life -each night to owe,
Insolvent every noon!

I Gave Myself To Him by Emily Dickinson Love Poems | Romantic Love Poetry

Lovely Romantic Love Poems for lovers to read and share, Enjoy this cute love poems and for more of the romantic stuff check out the cute love quotes, the short love stories, the flirty quotes, the best of the famous love quotes, have a good laugh reading the funny love quotes, cry reading sad love quotes and more, do enjoy the site and share it to your love ones... Many Thanks

0 comments: