Friday, July 2, 2010

Short Love Stories | Hojat Salehi | Yolardis 10

Short Love Stories | Hojat Salehi | Yolardis 10


Yolardis
by: Hojat Salehi

<10>



"Same crap."

As we approached the center of town, there was again the familiar scene of curvaceous young prostitutes working the streets and intersections.

"The working girls are still here."

"Putas ... Las putas!" He pronounced emphatically in laughter.

"I heard they cracked down on that business."

"No. It never changes."

The rich scent of rain and wet earth was blowing through the open window. It felt good to be on the ground again, somewhere I had been before. I knew I would find some of the same people and hear their stories again. Above all, I remembered the enigmatic Yolardis.

In a flash I saw a delicate and beautiful girl running across to the other side of the avenue. I thought I saw her wearing high heels, a short red miniskirt and a black T-shirt with a large red kiss print.

"Oh my ... slow down. por favor!" I said to the driver and abruptly turned around on my seat and stuck my head out through the window.

As the cab slowed down and stopped at a red light I focused my eyes again and for a moment I caught a good sight of her from afar as she was illuminated by another pair of approaching headlights. It was Yolardis.

"You like her? ... She was lovely. Do you want me turn the car around?" The driver asked.

"No. It's not necessary." I replied.

"You can probably have her for $60, maybe $40 at this hour. I can negotiate for you."

"No thanks. It's all right."

"Well ... It's true you just arrived here ..."

THE END



1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

0 comments: