Friday, July 2, 2010

Short Love Stories | Hojat Salehi | Yolardis 4

Short Love Stories | Hojat Salehi | Yolardis 4


Yolardis
by: Hojat Salehi

<4>



"Would you like to see me tomorrow?" I asked.

"I don't know," she said shyly with her eyes downcast.

"Can I call you?"

"No."

"Please come again for dinner with Maria and Euclide. I want to see you."

"Thank you." That's all she said before they split, heading back home.

When they were a dozen or so steps away, Euclide made a wide turn on his bike towards me.

"I think she likes you." He said.

"How would you know?"

"I heard she said something to my sister."

"You are the wonderboy."

"Look. She's nice but doesn't go out easy. If you want I can send another pretty girl over to your house tonight."

"Thanks. But I don't need you to do me that kind of favor."

"Sure?"

"I'm sure. But you can invite Yolardis to come to dinner with us any time."

"I'll invite Maria to bring her along. Enjoy the cigars."

Over the next few nights I held court at Alejandro's where they all came to dinner and I got to see more of Yolardis. She was a woman of many blushes and very few words. I could never guess what she was thinking. She would not eat much and would quietly ask for her dish to be bagged to go. Little by little however, she seemed to get comfortable with the fact that I wanted to be close and intimate with her. The second night she sat next to me. She wore pink stonewashed jeans and a tight black hard rock T-shirt with a wide rip on the back and a large red kiss mark printed on the front. She also wore a hint of red lipstick.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

0 comments: