Friday, July 2, 2010

Short Love Stories | Hojat Salehi | Yolardis 2

Short Love Stories | Hojat Salehi | Yolardis 2


Yolardis
by: Hojat Salehi

<2>



That day, as usual, he was offering me a deal, $40 for a box of choice Cuban cigars that he had described to me about before:

"Authentic Romeo and Julieta Coronas. My uncle has the connection to get them. I can bring them for you tonight."

"Do you know the story of Romeo and Julieta?" I asked.

"Some famous love story?"

"Yes. Right now I feel like Romeo when he first saw Julieta."

"Do you want the cigars?"

"Sure, but right now I want to meet that morena." I said, pointing out the exotic young girl just as she left the pharmacy and began walking away. He shadowed his eyes with his palm and said:

"I know her."

"No shit."

"Her name is Yolardis. She's from my neighborhood. Wait here I'll go get her for you." He was about to jump on his bike but I held him back.

"Oh no. Not like this. I don't think she would like to meet me right now. Do you really know her?"

"Yes. She is a friend of my stepsister. I know where she lives."

"Does she have a man?"

"She lives with her mother."

"What's she like? Does she go out?"

"Not like shameless girls. She's decent, but not a virgin."

"And just how would you know that?"

"There are no pretty virgins in Havana."

"How old is she?"

"18 or so. Old enough."


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

0 comments: